The Bank of America Charitable Gift Fund offers a sophisticated and dynamic way to give to the causes that mean the most to you.
Since 1955, The Bank of America Charitable Gift Fund has been helping donors contribute money to their favorite charities in an organized, tax-efficient, streamlined and worry-free way. You can depend on us to help you pursue your philanthropic goals while you support important causes.
A donor-advised fund allows you to streamline your charitable giving. Your fund will be invested with the potential to grow over time. Our online portal allows you to easily make new contributions, select investment objectives, make grant recommendations to the charities of your choice, track your giving, and access statements and tax documentation.
Bank of America Charitable Gift Fund benefits:
- Receive a current-year income tax deduction for any assets you contribute to your fund
- Donate appreciated assets without incurring capital gains taxes
- Make grant recommendations now or in the future
- Involve your family and build a tradition of family charitable giving
- Choose from multiple investment objectives
- Manage your charitable giving via our online portal or with your financial advisor
Choose how your funds are invested
The Gift Fund offers 15 distinct investment options representing a range of strategic asset allocation models from fixed income to appreciation. For each allocation model, donors may choose either sustainable, actively-managed portfolios, or passive, all ETF (exchange-traded fund), portfolios.
Open your account
- Make an irrevocable, tax-deductible contribution to your donor-advised fund
- Initial contribution minimum is $25,000. Additional contributions must be $250 or more
- You can contribute a wide variety of assets including cash, mutual funds, securities, and non-publically traded assets (i.e. private stock, restricted stock, real estate)
Make grant recommendations to benefit charities that are important to you
- You decide when to make grant recommendations and how much to grant to the charities of your choice
- Streamlined grant recommendations through our secure portal including setting up recurring grants
- Receive recognition for your donations or maintain anonymity to protect your privacy
- Authorize an unlimited number of individuals to serve as co-advisors to your Fund
Access and manage your gift fund account using our flexible, secure portal
- Review your fund balance and transactions
- Research grantees using the Guidestar® database of 1.8 million IRS–recognized charitable organizations
- Access all account documents
- Download useful forms
Things to consider:
- Is there any convenient way for me to support the causes important to me?
- How can I include my family to build a legacy of giving?
- How would I track my giving?
A more personalized way to choose an advisor
Explore our other solutions
Whether you’re defining goals, addressing change or figuring out how to move forward, Merrill and Bank of America offer a widge range of solutions to help you take the next step to stay on track.
- Keep the Joy of Giving Alive Year-Round with a Donor-Advised Fund
- It’s about helping others
- Helping your neighbor: A story of generosity
Looking for an advisor?
All our advisors are committed to putting your needs and priorities first.
Merrill Advisor Match is a more
personalized way to
choose an advisor.
Or if you prefer,
we can have an
advisor contact you.
Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated (also referred to as “MLPF&S” or “Merrill”) makes available certain investment products sponsored, managed, distributed or provided by companies that are affiliates of Bank of America Corporation (“BofA Corp.”). MLPF&S is a registered broker-dealer, Member SIPC, and a wholly-owned subsidiary of BofA Corp.