The Merrill Fraud Protection Guarantee
We value you as our client, and we always want you to feel safe doing business with Merrill. As a commitment to our clients' account security, we are offering this guarantee:
We will reimburse you for quantifiable monetary losses that occur in any of your Merrill accounts due to unauthorized, third-party activity.
At Merrill, it is important for us to have a working relationship with you that enhances your account security.
Visit our Security Center to find out more about how Merrill protects you, and how you can protect yourself against fraud and scams.
To qualify for reimbursement under this guarantee, you must take the following reasonable measures to protect against unauthorized account access:
- If you detect any errors or discrepancies or suspect unauthorized activity in any account, you must contact us as soon as possible, but not later than 60 days from the suspected unauthorized activity at 1.800.637.7455.
- Safeguard your account access information, including Login ID, passwords and all other access codes.1
- You must also cooperate with us in any investigation. We may ask you to sign an affidavit, assign certain rights to Merrill and/or sign a release form as a condition of reimbursement.
Here is how our guarantee and reimbursement work:
Merrill will determine the type and amount of reimbursement you will receive under this guarantee:
- We may not provide reimbursement under this guarantee if you are reimbursed, or if you are eligible for reimbursement, due to additional coverage by, for example, your insurance company, or protected under the terms of the particular product in question.
- This guarantee does not cover any tax consequences, legal fees and expenses, or lost opportunity, special, consequential, punitive, or non-monetary damages.
- You may not assign your rights to any third party other than Merrill under this guarantee.
If you suspect you’re a victim of fraud, contact us immediately at 1.800.MERRILL (637.7455) or speak to your financial advisor for further assistance.