If you've been the victim of identity theft, we're here to help. We'll cancel your card and issue a replacement immediately. You won’t be liable for any fraudulent activity.
- Contact Bank of America immediately by calling 1.800.432.1000
or visiting your nearest banking
center to report any fraudulent activity you’ve seen and to
close any accounts that have been tampered with or fraudulently
- Contact the 3 major credit
bureaus listed below to place a fraud alert on your credit file. You
also can order a credit report to identify any unauthorized
- Close other accounts that you know
or believe have been tampered with or fraudulently opened. Use the
ID Theft Affidavit (PDF, requires
Install Adobe Reader for
PDF) when disputing unauthorized accounts.
- File a police report. Get a copy of the report to submit to your
creditors and others that may require proof of the crime.
- File a complaint with the Federal Trade
Commission (FTC). The FTC maintains a database of identity theft
cases used by law enforcement agencies for investigations.