Your personal information is a valuable part of your financial life. It serves as your key for transacting business — in person, on the phone and online. We strongly recommend that you protect your information in the same way you monitor your financial accounts. Reviewing the information in Merrill Lynch's Privacy and Security Center is a good place to start.
Merrill Lynch is committed to helping you protect the privacy and security of your personal information. We have developed this Privacy and Security section of our website so you can:
- Review our online privacy statement, online fraud protection guarantee
- Learn more about our fraud protections for credit card, banking and brokerage transactions
- Understand our company wide policies and procedures for handling our clients' personal information
- Be introduced to the information technology safeguards we implement to protect our networks
You can use the new Security Center on MyMerrill.com to choose the security options that are right for you. Find it under Help & Support or log in now.
- Change your User ID, Password and Security Preference at login.
- Add optional extra security to help verify your identity with a one-time authorization code, which is sent by text or email each time you log in.
- Get free online fraud protection software from IBM Security Trusteer Rapport.
In addition, you can also find comprehensive information on identity theft and fraud — such as how it happens, ways to protect yourself and how to report identity theft and fraud.
If you need to report identity theft or fraud, or if you have questions, please call us at
1.800.MERRILL (637.7455), or contact your Financial Advisor.